6.11.2012

life as vacation

The family is on vacation! With that in mind, please note that I am blogging from my phone and can't promise how pretty the final product will be!


The last few days have been filled with beach lounging, family bike rides, pool-time, game playing, movies galore, bad tv (The wildest police chases, Dumb criminals, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars...you get my drift), book reading, Instagramming (including a few IG wars!), sleeping in, eating together, ice cream eating, and playground playing. And a thought occurred to me: why don't we do this more? Why do we store it up for vacation? I mean, some of it you just can't do like the sleeping in and the beach lounging (if you don't live on the beach) but what about the rest of it?


Why don't we play more games or watch more movies together? We do these things but certainly not as often as I intend to. You know what I mean? When you really want to do something fun for a weekend and before you know it after all the errands and silly things you wasted time on (like cleaning- boo!) Monday morning is upon you like a bad habit. I'm not saying you shouldn't clean- you should, please do! But I know for me I have a problem with allowing tedious things to get in the way of memory making.


I can't continue to let life slip away. Every second wasted can't be recovered. And sometimes lounging is the best way to spend my time with the family. So...here's to memory making- let's make this life a good one!


~~Joy
(c) 2012 Joy-Jasmin Brunnelson all rights reserved.

No comments: