6.13.2012

what is my role in all this?

Frustrated. Disciplining a kid is the last thing you want to do while you're on vacation but it has to be done.


Dealing with girl pre-teen drama is just not something I'm prepared for yet. And with only limited rights as a step-mom it makes it *that* much harder and frustrating. I step in to make concise summary statements from time to time when Hubby gets going on a long-winded lecture. (Boy, does that man love long-winded lectures! *I* get bored listening to them!) But in general, I don't have that much say as to the rearing of Sweetgirl. I try and believe that Hubby is not trying to leave me out. But he has a strong personality and has always felt like it's between him and Sweetgirl's mother to come up with a solution.


It's such a conflict for me because I feel like Sweetgirl needs Christian stability. She needs friends that have faith to help her make the right choices. To give her the confidence to stand up to secular beliefs of what is "ok" and say that she will not participate in it. I do what I can to instill that in her but over the course of the school year, it comes down to 4 days a month that she's with us and that just isn't cutting it and her mother doesn't go to church.


We have her over the summer full-time and I hope that in these 3 months we can crack through the laziness and ungratefulness but I'm already trying to deal with Boogie spinning a little out of control because the school routine is gone...(sigh) it's going to be a long summer...


~~Joy
(c) 2012 Joy-Jasmin Brunnelson All Rights Reserved

No comments: