6.19.2012

ring...ring...

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
***************************************************************************


I was blessed this morning by a phone call. 


I love phone calls. With all the Facebooking, texting, IMing, IGing, KiKing, MySpacing (anyone?), Twittering, and e-mailing... just a simple phone call can make all the difference in your day. 


There's no misconstruing the tone of the other person, just organic back-and-forth conversation. Real conversation. Like they say something and you have to immediately answer them. You can't google an answer to their question (without them noticing that you take a long time to answer them). You have to pay attention when you talk to someone on the phone. It's a REAL person on the other line. You could multi-task while on the phone but I challenge you in your next phone call to take a step back and just BE in the conversation... It could be your biggest blessing for the day! 


I think it's more inline with how we should be with other people. 


Be personal. 
Be nice. 
Listen. 
Take turns. 
Hear them actually LOL when you say something funny. 
Make awesome noises when telling stories. It is very hard to write out sounds. 
Hear their voice. Isn't that what we all want? I think so since there is big business in recording our voices in cards, teddy bears and photo albums. We need human to human interaction. 


The bonus is that my phone call was from my spiritual mentor. I love her! She has opened a door for me to realize my potential in what God has called me to do and encourages me constantly. To be uplifted by a phone call can set the tone for the rest of your day. And she did that for me today. I didn't even realize that I needed it until she called.


For that, I am so grateful. 


~~Joy
(c) 2012 Joy-Jasmin Brunnelson All Rights Reserved

No comments: