6.21.2012

once a upon a time, i had a sweet baby boy...

Oh.My.Sweet.Jesus. 


My son is OFF THE HOOK! I mean, really? Everything I say or do results in him stomping, screaming, running (or attempting to before I grab ahold of him), yelling, yelling, yelling, hitting, head-butting...ENOUGH ALREADY! 


I figured this would be a hard week because it's the first week out of school and not at the beach. I get it. It sucks to not be at the beach...I miss it too kiddo. Seriously, I do. Especially the not-having-to-do-anything part.


Oh yeah...I miss my sandy toes
Yesterday we went to my sis-in-law's friend's farm to meet our turkey. The farm was awesome! And the baby turkeys were adorbs!
One of these cute baby turkeys will be on our Thanksgiving table this year. 

No dice. Boogie was ridiculously nasty to the point that I had to send him to the car. I chalked it up to the heat (it was a scorcher yesterday).
Grumpy, grumpy guy...
It was so hard to handle him and he had me at my wit's end but I remained calm because 
1.) there were witnesses and 
2.) I was hot and irritable too so if I am, then he must be ten-fold. 


So, I have to be nice. And calm. But it is not easy. Not when today I make him homemade apple chips and he throws a fit about it and spits them out. Not when I then make him chocolate banana popcorn and he yells at me because the chocolate is white rather than brown. Not when every 30 minutes he literally gets in my face to yell that he's hungry again. Not when he flips because the ketchup is touching the macaroni. Or when he throws his bowl because I made the mistake of telling him the cereal goes in the bowl before the milk. 


I am at my wit's end. At this rate- THIS is where Boogie will be spending his summer:
Calm Down Step
Yesterday was a bad meltdown day. Today was a REALLY bad meltdown day. Top that with a nasty phone call from a family member ending with her hanging up on me...sigh...WHITE FLAG!!


~~Joy
(c) 2012 Joy-Jasmin Brunnelson All Rights Reserved.


No comments: